Olivewood: Beautifully Hand-Carved Heirloom Olivewood Bowls and Boards
Sign of the Bear's Beautiful Olivewood Boards, Olivewood Bowls Come from Sfax, Tunisia's "City of Olives".
We first knew Tunisia by its long-ago name, Carthage; it's across the Mediterranean from Italy.
Tunisia's extraordinary cities still bring their remarkable art and culture for the world to admire. Tunisia's modern-day craftsmen share their fine appreciation of beauty in their olivewood- we feel it in every board and bowl. These are available either sanded or live-edged.
Our extraordinary heirloom olivewood bowls and boards are bits of history:
- Olive trees grow for thousands of years.
- Olive trees' slow growth produces olivewood's extraordinary iconic painterly graining. Every bowl and board is its own work of art.
- For Centuries, Mediterranean olivewood groves have been pruned regularly as trees' limbs age, so
- Your beautiful cutting boards may be from trees 400-2000 years old.
In the Mediterranean, they say: "Plant grapes for your children and olives for your grandchildren."
We love the idea of planting love for future generations.
Choose from our range of olive wood
- cutting boards of all sizes,
- cheese and serving boards,
- olive wood utensils, spoons, spatulas, citrus reamers, and salt boxes;
- olive wood bowls.
See why chefs and caters - and Sonomans- love this remarkable wood:
- Olivewood boards make every charcuterie or app board something beautiful + special - and they're
- Easy to carry / transport + serve
- Olivewood bowls showcase any salad
- Olivewoods' highly figured graining is like a painting
- Olivewood is easy on your knives,
- So lovely to fill our homes with daily bits of art.