Made in France, Staub's cast iron is unsurpassed for slow-cooking meats and vegetables to tender perfection, and for simmering hearty stews and soups.
They do phenomenal work:
- Ideal for searing and slow cooking of meat, fish or vegetables
- Juicy and tender cooking result thanks to the lid
- The matt black inner enamelling is ideal for particularly crisp searing and is especially durable
- Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
Cast iron is exceptional because it:
- has exceptional heat-retaining qualities, so the pot heats evenly throughout.
- Staub's innovative lid features tiny 'self-basting' spikes on the interior.
- They continually release condensed liquid back onto the food, yielding moist, flavorful results.
- Staub's special matte black enamel interior and self-basting spiked lid guarantee perfect browning and braising for flavor-enhanced food.
- THEY ALSO DO NOT DISCOLOR as some lighter -interior brands do.
- Staub's exquisite enamel finish is so lovely it moves beautifully from the oven to the kitchen to the dining table.
- From comfort food to sumptuous suppers, every dish is special when served in Staub.
- Staub enameled cast iron cookware is the choice of the world's best chefs.
- With exceptional durability, it is perfect for day-to-day use in both gourmet home kitchens and prestigious restaurants around the world.
- Built to last a lifetime, these heirloom pieces can be passed from generation to generation.
factory in that part of Northern France
At the Staub foundry in Northern France, employees are fiercely proud of their work. Each piece of Staub is unique—the beautiful result of hand and machine. A single cocotte takes a week to make and is touched by over 20 people from start to finish. Crafting iconic pieces that easily go from kitchen to table for a lifetime of memorable meals.
They are part of the Zwilling Group whose history is here:
In 1731 Peter Henckels had the idea to register the ZWILLING trademark with the Cutler’s Guild of Solingen, Germany.
That makes ZWILLING one of the oldest brands in the world today.
Here's how they tell their story, of the multiple brands they own:
MADE OF STEEL. AND PASSION.
When it comes to the production of our products we are really passionate about perfection. Zwiling monitors every product's quality throughout the whole production process continuously. "We couldn’t live up to our own standards without the skilled hands that share our passion for quality."
The Culinary World of the ZWILLING Group is not only home to great kitchen tools but also to great brands from all over the world like ZWILLING from Germany, STAUB from France, MIYABI from Japan, BALLARINI from Italy or DEMEYERE from Belgium. Each with different strengths and traditions but with the same passion for high quality products.
...IS YOUR WORLD
No matter where you are, at some point you want to prepare something that tastes extraordinary. And while we have no idea with whom you are cooking or where you’re going to eat, we do know this: our products will inspire you and help you along the way.