See Why Chefs Rave About WÜSTHOF'S Beautiful CLASSIC Chefs' Knives -
Try for yourself-- or give an extraordinary cooks' gift.
WÜSTHOF's Extraordinary Classic Chefs' Knives are in their SEVENTH generation of family craftsmanship. WÜSTHOF makes almost 2 million knives a year- ALL of them in the City of Blades, Solingen, Germany. 🇩🇪
Yeah, it would be cheaper for WÜSTHOF to make their knives elsewhere: but the Wuesthof family knows the extraordinary workmanship from Solingen.
Discover for yourself how the WÜSTHOF team's commitment to quality and heritage show in every perfectly-balanced cut.
Each beautifully-balanced WÜSTHOF CLASSIC Chefs' Knife is precision-forged from a single piece of their high-carbon German X50CrMoV15 Stainless Steel for WÜSTHOF's legendary balance, durability + edge retention.
CLASSIC knives' NEW super-tough handle [made of Polyoxymethylene (POM)] – has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. (More info on their steel, blades, & construction below)
CLASSIC WÜSTHOF Chefs' Knives Benefits:
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) produces 20% sharper blades
- with twice the edge retention. They began the German Steel knife revolution (details below how-to videos)
- Beautifully Balanced CLASSIC Knives are
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel for extra durability
- Full tang handles give precise control; triple-rivets, superior corrosion resistance
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handles
- Full bolster and finger guard keeps the blade- and your fingers - where you want them.
Instore Forged Knife Test Drive: Tools should fit YOU.
At Sign of the Bear we LOVE knives and will LOVE to help you find the blades that fit the hollow of your hand, and SHOW you how to properly hold and cut - so the knife fits your height, hand + cutting style -
And help everyone learn a few key knife skills basics with the exceptional online knife skills videos from extraordinary Jacques Pepin (below) who reminds us to make a flat surface before you cut.
Knife Skills & Sharpening Videos:
Learn to hold + use your knives ("pinch grip" and "claw hold") wash your blades, hone and sharpen them... but first a brief heartfelt THANK YOU:
Please share the word, in 2017, Wusthof was really totally humblingly extraordinary to so many Sonomans who lost their homes in the fires. We're forever thankful. ❤️
- How to hold + use your knives (basic knife skills "pinch grip" and "claw hold") -- and make a flat surface before cutting fast
- How to wash, hone and sharpen your blades.
WÜSTHOF'S cutlery is made from top-quality German X50CrMoV15 high carbon stainless steel.
WÜSTHOF's work to engineer the best steel for knives & the formula they found (breakout below) is so effective, it became THE formula. Here's the breakout and what those elements do:
- X50 = steel + .5% Carbon
- Carbon makes iron (& steel) stronger and harder. High-carbon blades hold their edge better, and take a sharper edge. Without other metals, high-carbon stainless can (a) be brittle and (b) rust, so they add:
- Cr= Chromium makes stainless steel super rust-resistant.
- Molybdenum helps a steel maintain strength at high temperatures and makes it more ductile/ less brittle. It also increases corrosion resistant.
- Vanadium increases strength + wear resistance and makes the blade harder.
- 15 Chromium again increases rust-resistance.