Classic Wicker Proofing Baskets. 🇳🇱
For centuries, European bakers have loved these classic wicker proofing baskets. In France "banneton", and "Brotform" in Germany, these lovely proofing baskets give your dough the beautiful, classical patterning.
Proofing Baskets make a Classic Bread Loaf
They're super-easy. Simply:
- Choose round or oval;
- Pre-flour your bread proofing basket,
- Pop in your dough for its final rise,
- Cover (mixing bowl covers or towels work well), and
- When you turn it out: Presto!
- A burst of beauty on your counter.
- Optional: Many bakers like to slash the crust with a blade (or "lame" in French) to give steam an escape as your crust crisps.
Traditional Coiled Wicker Proofing Baskets Make a Beautiful Loaf 🇳🇱
No-Knead Bread Recipes
Our even simpler version of the No-Knead Bread Recipe for kids, coming soon for you on our KidsCookLIVE™.